- 208 Pages
- August 6, 2019
- ISBN: 9781510742888
- Series: Joy of Series
- Imprint: Skyhorse Publishing
- Trim Size: 6in x 9in
The Joy of Cider
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Drinking and Making Hard Cider
A Fun and Festive Educational Tool for Both Home Enthusiasts and Bar Professionals!
Let’s face it: just ten years ago, hard cider was something sipped by expats watching rugby matches or pined for by former foreign exchange students. Heck, many people thought cider was something preschoolers drank in sippy cups before naptime.
Not anymore. Hard cider sales have skyrocketed in the last decade, with craft cider sales increasing 49 percent in just the last two years. But though sales and interest in hard cider continue to grow, there’s still more than a bit of confusion regarding this blossoming alcoholic beverage. Is it a beer, or is it a wine? Is cider-beer a thing? Are all ciders sweet? Polls reveal that some drinkers think Mike’s Hard Lemonade and Redd’s Apple Ale are cider (they’re not). This informative book will include:
- A brief overview of world cider history
- A more detailed pop culture history of American cider’s explosive growth
- Definitions, regions, fun facts, and famous cider and apple quotes
- An exploration of cider varieties and brands
- More than 50 cider cocktail recipes!
Out of stock