This unique guide leads you to 100 Welsh pubs with historic interiors of real national significance.
In addition to old-fashioned ‘time warp’ inns and magnificent Victorian drinking palaces, explore the the variety of the historic pub interiors in Wales.
Where can you drink in a 13th
century crypt? Or the round tower of a town’s medieval walls? Find a pub in a 17th
century guildhall, and a coaching inn still with horses in its stables.
- Informative text and 200 superb colour photographs reveal
- Features pubs used by Dylan Thomas, Max Boyce and the 1953 Everest expedition
- Discover which Welsh heritage pubs sell real ale, much of it locally produced. Some brewed on the premises and also where you can still get served ‘beer from the jug’
- Public transport details, accommodation & food availability are given for each pub.
Compiled by CAMRA’s Pub Heritage Group
- Publisher : CAMRA Books; UK ed. edition (24 May 2010)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 136 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1852492759
- ISBN-13 : 978-1852492755
- Dimensions : 21 x 0.8 x 14.8 cm